Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Music

You know when someone does not have a life at all when they have time for two blog posts in one day. That is where I am right now. Don't judge. I am at work, so I am doing something.

Music...who doesn't like it?

Actually, I can name a few people. Let me rephrase then. Music...you've got to like it. Love it, really. It surprises me that some people I know do not care about music whatsoever. But, I guess everyone is different.

I feel that there are two different types of people in the world. People who like music..and people who don't. The people who like music (and dare I say, love it) are usually the more interesting of the bunch. Those who don't...well I don't have much to say to them. I find that music is a highlight of many of my conversations.

And when I say "music", I do not just mean any music. Not just any genre. Because we all know not every musical genre is "good" and could withstand the test of time. I am meaning the music that is well made and is full of intellect and substance. Not all rap is good. Personally, I think all the music on popular radio stations are crap. I don't listen to it, and I don't usually respect the people who listen to them, in a musical sense that is.

Good music to me is that is genuine, intelligent, and provides a wonderful musical experience to the listener. I love folk. I love indie rock. I love good old fashion blues rock. Artists like Bob Dylan, Who, Eagles, Beatles, Rod Stewart, Fleetwood Mac, The Doors,... you cannot find bands like that anymore. Compare that music to today's music. Their music stood the test of time. Their music was part of the foundation for the modern day rock genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment